The security of your personal data is very important to us. This document explains how we collect, use and protect it. It also explains what rights you have with regards to your personal data and how you can exercise those rights.
In this policy, "we", "us", "our" and "EC" refer to E. Christian Company Limited. Our contact details are shown at point 9 below.
Under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
"any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person".
From time to time we will collect and store your personal data.
3. Why we collect and store personal data
We will collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
a. To provide you with information that you have requested or which we think may be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest;
b. To initiate and complete commercial transactions with you, or the entity that you represent, for the purchase of products and services;
c. To fulfil a contract that we have entered into with you or with the entity that you represent;
d. To ensure the security and safe operation of our websites and underlying business infrastructure,
e. To manage any communication between you and us, and
f. To ensure that you can navigate and use our website effectively.
4. Lawful basis for the processing of personal data
We have set out in the table at Table A (below) the various forms of personal data that we collect and the lawful basis for the processing of such data. All data is securely held and is accessed and processed subject to permission limitations within our systems.
For the purpose of determining whether a legitimate interest is appropriate we validate whether (a) there is a legitimate interest to carry out the processing, (b) whether the processing is necessary and (c) whether an individual's interests, rights or freedoms override the legitimate interest.
5. Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
Where necessary, we may pass your personal data on to third-parties, including service providers contracted to us in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. Please refer to Table A for further details.
6. How we process the personal data
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain information in accordance with the law and to comply with a number of specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held for longer periods depending on individual business needs.
7. Under what circumstances will we contact you?
We will not contact you unless we need to or unless you have asked us to do so, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
8. Can I find out the personal data that EC holds about me?
As a data subject whose personal information we hold, you have certain rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com or use the information supplied in the Contact us section on this website. In order to process your request, we will ask you to provide two valid forms of identification for verification purposes.
At your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of us or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn't collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
9. Contact details
You can also contact us at EC Group, Europa Park, Magnet Road, Grays, Essex, RM20 4DN, United Kingdom, or by phone: +44 (0)1375 484555 (08:00 to 18:00, Mon to Fri).
Should you wish to discuss a complaint, please feel free to contact us using the details at point 9 above. All complaints will be treated in a confidential manner.
Should you feel unsatisfied with our handling of your data, or about any complaint that you have made to us about our handling of your data, you are entitled to escalate your complaint to a supervisory authority within the European Union. For the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), who is also our lead supervisory authority. Its contact information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We will notify you of significant changes to this policy by email.
12. Acting as a data processor
In respect of fulfilment services we act as a data processor and our clients act as data controllers.
Insofar as we act as a data processor rather than a data controller, this policy shall not apply. Our legal obligations as a data processor will be set out in the contract between us and the relevant data controller (client).
13. Cookies policy
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website, and
- to allow us to improve our site.
ASP.NET is the underlying technology for our website and the two cookies used are defined as:
- ASP.NET_SessionId - That is a cookie that ASP.NET uses to store a unique identifier for your session.
- CMSPreferredCulture - Stores the visitor's preferred content culture.
In addition, three Google cookies are used for analytics, which Google defines as:
- _ga - Used to distinguish users.
- _gid - Used to distinguish users.
- _gat - Used to throttle request rate.
|Lawful basis for processing
|Data shared with?
Purpose of collection 1: To provide you with information
|Name, company name, geographic location, email address, business sector.
|To provide appropriate online or email information about services that you have requested
|Only within EC
|Maximum 7 years from the date the information is collected.
6 months if a marketing email is left unopened
|To provide further, related, online or email information and ongoing news updates in relation to the identified area of interest.
|Follow-up to ensure requested information meets needs and identify further requirements
|Personal contact information as provided through website forms or at trade shows or any other means.
|General mailing list subscription
Purpose of collection 2: Transaction management
|Name, physical address, email address, telephone number, bank account details (for credit accounts), other medium of content delivery
|To process purchase transactions for services with customers, and to manage any subsequent queries.
|Only within EC.
|Maximum 7 years from the date of the performance of the contract.
|For accounting and taxation purposes
|Within EC and with professional advisors.
|7 years for VAT records from the performance of the contract
|Documentation should any contractual legal claim arise
Purpose of collection 3: Security
|Technical information, as described above, plus any other information that may be required for this purpose
|To protect our websites and infrastructure from cyber-attack or other threats and to report and deal with any illegal acts.
|Internally and other organisations with whom we might contract for this purpose.
|Relevant statutes of limitation
Purpose of collection 4: Communications
|Names, contact details, identification details
|To communicate with you about any issue that you raise with us or which follows from an interaction between us.
|Internally and, as necessary, with professional advisors.
|Relevant statutes of limitation.
EC Group is the trading name of E. Christian & Company Limited, company number 463298.
Registered office: Europa Park, Magnet Road, Grays, Essex, RM20 4DN
VAT number: GB 235 5254 71
The text and photographs on this website are copyrighted by EC Group and may not be duplicated for any purpose without our consent. All visuals, company logos, product and service names, or client samples featured may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of other firms. Samples shown may be copyrighted by their publishers. Inclusion of examples does not imply recommendations or endorsements by client companies.