EC Group's origins date back to the founding of E.Christian & Company, by Mrs Eliza Christian, way back in 1810. Originally based in north London, the company was involved in packing manufacturing chemists' chalk into hessian sacks and in the distribution of French chalk sticks for blackboards.
The company was bought by John Long, the grandfather of the current Executive Chairman in 1920, and he was joined in the business by his two sons: first Norman and then Reg. The company was incorporated on 8 January 1949, and as E.Christian & Company Limited extended its operations into handling point-of-sale storage and distribution.
Known as CHRISTIANS and based in south-east London, the company developed a reputation as one of the foremost handling houses in the UK, holding contracts with some of the UK's largest organisations. In 1990, Norman's son, Chris, became Managing Director, and the company expanded its operations through the acquisition of additional premises and the development of its management team and IT infrastructure. In 2000 the company re-branded from CHRISTIANS to ec logistics.
Since that time, the company has extended its service offer to include a number of activities complementary to its original core logistics and handling capabilities, and acknowledging a wider-than-logistics capability as of 1 December 2004 repositioned itself as EC Group.
With ISO certifications covering Quality (9001), Environmental Management (14001) and Business Continuity (22301), EC Group now offers a wide range of Customer Service and Response Handling, Marketing Communications, Print, Fulfilment and Logistics services to a diverse client base including corporate, public sector, agency and charitable organisations.