Recent research throws light on the reasons why it’s worth considering direct mail as part of a communication programme.
- Direct mail is universal – Royal Mail reaches virtually the whole population.
- You can target mail – 90% of consumers are more likely to open mail if they are a customer of the sender.
- 89% of adults keep all their bills and statements.
- 92% of direct mail is opened but only 12% of acquisition email.
- There has been a steady rise in ROI for direct mail between 2006 and 2009.
- Response rates have risen from 4% in 2004 to 5% in 2010.
- 75% like being informed of special offers or promotions by post.
- 17.7m GB adults ordered something after receiving a mail order catalogue in the post in the past 12 months.
- 58% of those over 65 have not accessed the Internet in the past year.
Click here to see the full presentation (link to PDF)